1. The International Association of Art «The Muse» is happy to announce the organization of International Music Competition «The Muse» for the 11th successive season, in the categories of piano, strings, wind instruments and chamber music ensembles.
2. The Competition shall take place between August 23 and 27, 2016 at the concert hall of Megaro Gyzi (www.megarogyzi.gr) on the island of Santorini, in Greece and shall be concluded in one round, separately for four age groups (see the Program)
3. The age of the participants is determined on July 15, 2016
4. All prospective participants can apply online or send an application form to [email protected] Please submit the following until July 15, 2016:
∙ Application form (online or PDF version)
∙ Copy of birth certificate (in JPEG format)
∙ 1 high resolution picture (in JPEG format)
∙ Application fee*:
Category A – €50
Category B – €60
Category C – €70
Category D – €80
Category "Chamber Music Ensemble" – €80
* Application fee is paid to PayPal ([email protected]) or bank account of the competition:
International Association of Art “The Muse”
Alpha Bank Vrilissia Branch (199)
Account # 199 00 2320 000532
IBAN: GR37 0140 1990 1990 0232 0000 532
SWIFT Code: CRBAGRAAXXX
IMPORTANT: Please include your name when making a bank transfer to clarify whose application fee it is.
5. All bank transaction charges are borne by the participant.
6. The participants perform in alphabetical order (based on a last name)
7. The age groups perform in ascending age order (younger to older)
8. All works during the competition auditions are performed by memory (except for the «Chamber Music» Category).
9. Prize winners will receive medals and diplomas of a laureate. All participants will receive Diploma of participation.
The following special prizes may be awarded:
∙ Set of strings for violin, viola, cello and double bass from the company "Thomastik - Infeld Vienna"
∙ Violin bow from virtuoso violinists Natasha Korsakova and Manrico Padovani
∙ Cello bow from cellist Christophor Miroshnikov
∙ Special Prize “Child Prodigy” and €100 to be awarded to one of the participants of Categories A or B.
∙ Special Prize “Rising Star” and €100 to be awarded to one of the participants of Categories C or D.
∙ Special Prize "Karl Schnabel" €100 to be awarded to one of the participants.
10. In case of one’s refusal to participate in the competition, the application fee will not be reimbursed
11. Prize winners of the competition must be ready to participate in the Closing Ceremony concert.
12. The decision of the Jury is final and not subject to appeal(s)